This notice is for this website and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “we” or “The Website” refers to Nicole Ann Nielsen and nicoleannnielsen.com
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you comment on a post and/or fill in the contact form and/or subscribe to out newsletter.
- We process your information in the following ways: To keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- We will continue to process your information until you unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- We do not share your information with third parties, except as needed for ordinary business uses, such as newsletter distribution through MailChimp, or ebook distribution via Bookfunnel or Booksprout. Your website activity (pages visited, time on site) is also recorded through Google Analytics and xNeelo (our website host).
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason we use this basis: To conduct ordinary business and promotions of novels.
- We process your information in the following ways: I maintain and store data for purposes of marketing and remarketing.
- Sharing your information: We do share your personal information with third parties and they are referred to in Lawful basis: Consent point 4.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information; however, no system is impenetrable. Our storage is managed and accessed through xNeelo.
We use the following companies to manage data: Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Bookfunnel and Booksprout.
EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through Mailchimp.
- Your Name
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Open data and activity
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org